Gel Liner Review

So here i am making a review on the gel liner's that i have. Let me remind you, I'm not some kind of beauty blogger or make up artist etc. So i only own 3 gel liners! I do not have a wide collection! This is purely out of my own intention and my thoughts on these products! Also i might do a liquid eyeliner review (if i'm bothered) i don't have much so yeaaaaah!

What we have here is: 
  • Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Liner in Black (886)
  • Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Charcoal Charbon
  • MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in Blacktrack


They even come with brushes when i purchased them (excluding the MAC one that's my own one)



So for my first review, this will be Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Liner in Black (886) 

"Line and define with eye-popping drama! Cruelty free. Not tested on animals. Versatile alternative to pencils and liquid liners; blendable formula lines, shades and contours eyes, precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish that lasts. Create beautifully defined lines with this rich, creamy formula. Applies effortlessly as it delivers long-lasting drama with a velvety finish. Comes with an easy to use, conveniently-sized brush. "


I bought this on eBay as this is from America and is an American brand?! (Pretty sure i'm right there) I got this for $8AUD?! 

If i can remember and got recommended by a friend who said it's as good as MAC's Fluidline (which i recently got and also currently have today! so YAY!) Anywho, i was in love with it at first but after a while i found the application was so dry and i had to use a lot of product to achieve a decent result. After a while i ditched it for Maybelline's Eyestudio and was slightly impressed by it. 

Pros: 
  • It's long lasting, it's a mission to remove with make up remover
  • Highly Pigmented
  • Inexpensive 
  • Waterproof and Smudgeproof
Cons:
  • The packaging, the lid looked so flimsy and i have a feeling that it doesn't do a good enough job sealing the air out (probably why mine is dry?!) 
  • How it crumbles when it creases 
  • Application was a horror, i had to keep grabbing more of the product for an achievable look and also 'clean' look
  • I didn't like the brush it came with it, i totally disregarded it!
  • The formula is a bit dry for my liking
  • Doesn't glide on with application
Overall: It's alright if you're starting off with gel liner i wouldn't say this would be my favourite though, it's a mediocre product and it's cruelty free! 



Next will be Maybelline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner in Charcoal Charbon

"Only our oil-free formula can hold highly concentrated pigments in a clear gel base. So color is more intense and lines resist wear for 24 hours.  Smudge-proof and Water-proof. The most intense line for lasting drama."


I grabbed this on sale i think at Target, ages ago probably like a year ago. I snagged it for $10? And it was the first time i saw Maybelline with a Gel Liner - and was like I had to try this! so i tried it out! 

To be honest i've been using it heaps but i hate how it gets onto my eyelids with it's shimmer it just looks yucky. So i avoid it as much as possible now and sometimes try to set it with black eyeshadow. 
It's mediocre and i do like it slightly better than my Wet N Wild one but i got it in a greyish colour i didn't realise it until after i bought it... So yeah, still a nice colour!

Pros: 
  • Gives a nice finish (if applied probably)
  • A tad shimmery so you can use it like a cream eyeshadow too 
  • Great for a starter gel liner 
  • Comes with a nifty brush (which i use everyday for gel liners) 
Cons:
  • The formula is a bit dry for my liking 
  • Doesn't glide on with application
  • It claims that it's smudge-proof and waterproof - Depends sometimes it smudges off and waterproof.. um not so quite. 


And last but not least, MAC Fluidline Gel Liner in Blacktrack

"Ultra-smooth, Fluidline's gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on "foolproof" with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes."




Finally, my favourite and my new love. I've heard MUA's and also people from twitter, friends and all raving on about this and also when i was purchasing MAC from America and asked my cousin what gel liner is good - she firstly recommended Bobbi Brown's one since she uses it and all, but she said MAC's Fluidline is just as good. So with my order from MAC, i added this to my list. I cannot stress to you how much i am in love with this gel liner, it is the best one i have ever tried (so far) and those critics and reviews and all do NOT lie. 

I remember opening it the first time and slightly freaked out on how shiny the gel liner was and realised it's called Fluidline for a reason (i'm pretty sure i mentioned that in my previous post too!) anywho, application for this was just flawlessly amazing! I used my Maybelline brush (the one that came with the eyestudio one) and also with one of my MAC angled brushes.


Pros: 
  • The application is sleek and also it just glides effortlessly! 
  • Highly Pigmented and stays put on the eyes
  • It's not matte / shimmery finished -  like my 2 gel liners mentioned it's has this liquidify effect (like when you use liquid eyeliner - probably part of the whole Fluidline idea.)
  • Stays on very well & EASY to remove with make up remover
  • Does not smudge or come off with water (therefore waterproof?)
Cons:
  • The price, It cost $32AUD - Um yeah i wouldn't spend $32 on that but i got mine for $15USD from America. 
  • Can't really think of anything else!


Overall, if you would like to suggest any products that you want me to try or check out. Leave me a comment! This post was purely out of my own judgement and may vary to each individuals experiences. 

Love, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments posted but please do not leave advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and will not be published.

Comments are always moderated. Thank you for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...