MAC Velvet Teddy (Matte) Lipstick

So it's about time I've finally gotten myself a high end lipstick other than Lancome. Because the Lancome ones I get are ones that my mum passes down to me because she gets heaps from Gift Sets she gets and also because she simply does not fancy the colour or it's just to bright for her. Nevertheless, I use them from time to time but it's not my ideal go to colour. So it just sits in my make up vanity, collecting dust waiting to be discovered once again. 

Anywho! I've finally got myself a MAC Lipstick. Yes this is a real and authentic MAC for those who are wondering and it is in the colour Velvet Teddy which is a rosey dusty pink colour. After searching for a lipstick dupe for my long beloved and well admired NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm - I really wanted a MAC Lipstick form of it. Considering I want to keep that trend with my favourite make up brand MAC. I wanted a whole collection of a set of essentials. If you know what I mean... Like Foundation, Eyeliner, Lipstick etc. 

The MUA at Myer's helped me out in finding the dupe for my NYX SMLC in Stockholm and she swatched Velvet Teddy and it was as close. I then knew I just had to get my hands on it. But me being a 'savvy' shopper and not wanting to pay the price for a MAC Lipstick here (which is $36AUD) I got my cousin Lila from America to buy it for me from her local MAC store in Texas and send it over to me! I also wanted to try Chanel's Vitalumiere Foundation, I tried looking for samples at Myer and the lady gave me a darker shade since she did not have my shade in stock. So Lila to grabbed me some Chanel samples in B20 & B30 from her local Sephora. So thanks so much Lila for getting my MAC Lippie and also my Chanel Samples - because I couldn't get a hold of here!


MAC Velvet Teddy (Matte Lipstick) - $14.50USD/$36AUD 

Nails: 
China Glaze 'For Audrey'
China Glaze Snow Globe on the tips 
with a combination of Nubar 2010 Flakies on top. 

In comparison to my favourite NYX SMLC lip colour :)
Swatched next to NYX in Stockholm! (Left: MAC, Right: NYX)



Comparison of Colours I have in nude/pinky lipsticks.

L2R: 
MAC Velvet Teddy, NYX Pumpkin Pie, Australis Mambo, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
~

Tip: 
Considering this is a Matte Lipstick. To ensure it looks evenly nice on the lips, you should exfoliate or apply a lip balm so it smooths out any chapped or dry lips. Or else it will just set between the crack and won't look so appealing. This also applies to other lipsticks in general as well.


Overall, I'm so satisfied with MAC Lipsticks. I love the quality of the lipstick, the scent of this lippie has this yummy reminiscent vanilla scent that reminds me of cupcakes and it's smells so delicious that I can imagine tasting it LOL! In which I think is a distinguishing scent for all MAC Lipsticks (correct me if I'm wrong) but yeah. Huge love love love! 

Although I wished MAC in Australia wasn't as expensive unlike MAC in America. So yeah! I hope to continue my journey and start collecting MAC Lippies. I'm not a huge lipstick person but ever since finding a colour that I've been so addicted to, I think its obvious that I will using this lippie more than ever. I pop this lippie in my make up bag, in which it is situated/travelling between my handbag and my Uni Backpack, and this lippie just adds a quick pop of colour to my lips when out and about. It's my favourite colour and I would like to say it would be my signature colour at the moment. I'm hoping to find a signature perfume as well, and I may have found it. Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh. Smelt it today at Myer and felt in love with it. I think I might get it. 

Til later! 

Love, J.

1 comment:

  1. I love the mac lipstick !

    http://littleturtlethings.blogspot.fr/
    Turtle <3

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments posted but please do not leave advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and will not be published.

Comments are always moderated. Thank you for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...