Elf & Essence Eyeshadow Primers.

So in the mail yesterday from Uni, I got my Elf Eyelid Primer in Golden. It's quite similar to Urban Decay's Greed Primer Potion (from judgement) but I've compared it with Essence Eyeshadow Base which I got from Target a few weeks back.  

 
Elf's Eyelid Primer is probably the size of an Average Mascara. 



The applicator and the packaging looks pretty cheap but... hey it's only $1 in the US - So no high expectations there!

L2R: Elf's Eyelid Primer, Essence Eyeshadow Base, No Primer. 

Swatched here is Snakebite from my Naked 2 Palette. 


I'm impressed with the elf eyelid primer. It was roughly $5-6~ from eBay (with shipping and all) and I believe in the US it's only $1 at drugstores... Also, I haven't seen Elf anywhere in Sydney so I had to get it online. I say it's worth it?! Considering it's worth $1 in the US. Only because the amount of product you get is quite little. 

The shadow goes well and I wore it yesterday to Uni and it was intact! 8 hours and it's still there! Though my eyelids were still oily - it managed to last longer than Essence. I suppose it shows up more on my swatch above as opposed to the Essence one which is just plain white. Overall, I would repurchase this product. I love it! And I've read reviews online about Elf's EP and that it's nearly as comparable to Urban Decay's Primer Potion and that it's a fraction of the price! 

I also... bought Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Original. Waiting for it to come in mail the next 2 weeks or so! So excited! Because Urban Decay's one holds up to 24hours (from what I read) so that's a huge plus! And it's the best Primer on the market so... Why not!? 

For me, I'm not a huge/heavy eyeshadow wearer but I do apply black eyeshadow and line my eyes with the other shimmery gold's on my Naked 2 Palette to make a sort of Gradient/Thinner Eyeshadow Application in Eyeliner form if that makes sense. But I do want my eyeliner to last longer so hopefully it will give me that lasting power and also help with the oilyness of my eyelids.

Here is a comparison between Elf & Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primers. I love the golden sheen to Elf's Eyelid Primer which is probably comparable to UDPP in Greed. (There's also 4 different colours I believe - Just like Urban Decay's Primer Potions)  



 
Elf's Eyelid Primer 
L2R: Pearl, Golden, Champagne, Sheer

Urban Decay Primer Potion
L2D: Original, Sin, Eden, Greed 


Here's a comparable swatch which I obtained from Glostix's. 

(Source: Glostix)




I hope you found this helpful and I will probably make a post about UDPP?! I don't know. There's too many out there but let me know if you want me to! I probably might anyways!

Love, J. 



2 comments:

  1. I really like elf primers. the price is great and they are really good. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elf and UD primers are the best <3


    http://littleturtlethings.blogspot.fr/
    Turtle <3

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments posted but please do not leave advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and will not be published.

Comments are always moderated. Thank you for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...