Doubling Up? Concealer and Tinted Moisturisers

This post was requested by Vanessa and I also realised I haven't done a Concealer post! She wanted to review some concealers which I really, don't have many or use. I'm not a huge concealer person but I usually double up my tinted moisturiser or foundation as a concealer because my skin is merely blemished. But I think after this post I'll probably start using my Benefit Erase Paste for my under eyes. I always look like I have panda eyes... probably it's the eyeliner...BUT I'M GOING TO USE IT THIS TIME!


I have here is my MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC25 and Benefit's Erase Paste in Medium 2 (For reference I am a MAC NC25) 

Since I mentioned I don't really use concealer, I think I tend to head towards more to the Benefit Concealer. I like how it brightens up my under eye circles and covers up any obvious blemishes that can't be covered up by foundation. 

A cheaper alternative to these concealers would be Maybelline's Range of Concealers. I previously owned two concealers (in which I believe are now discontinued) but I urge you to check them out when you're at the shops. My tip for finding the right concealer is to find one a little lighter than your skin tone, probably a shade lighter. For my MAC Studio Fix Concealer I was such a noob and bought one the exact same colour as my foundation colour - It's not much of a big deal but it's best to go lighter in order to obviously, brighten up or easily cover blemishes etc. 

I believe the MAC Studio Fix Concealer is discontinued? (Correct me if I'm wrong - because I can't find it on the MAC Australia website - Maybe it's not) But from memory I got it for $30AU? 

As for the Benefit Erase Paste (which I adore) I believe it is $26US, I forgot to mention that I use Benefit's POREfessional over everything! I double it up when I cover up my pores and also use it as a concealer! (Uh, Silly me! It just hit me!) But yes, Benefit's POREfessional is pricey. Coming at a $52AU - I have a post about it here 


But for the majority of the time, I just double up my Garnier Tinted Moisturiser as a concealer. Still works wonderful considering it is a BB cream. 

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm isn't really anything special but I thought I'll throw it in. It's evens out my skin tone, moisturises it and locks in the moisture & it can be used as a primer but I prefer not to. It's wonderful and I'm nearly running out of it! I believe a small 30ml of it is $50AU? I am not 100% sure. 

As for the True Solutions All Day Moisture, great tinted moisturiser by itself. Concealer? Perhaps. Not much to say, kinda the same effects I get from using Garnier as my concealer. Ditto with MAC As well but it's more of a Foundation/Concealer thing for me. Although it's really a Tinted Moisturiser/Foundation - which I adore and love to wear. Evens my skin tone and moisturising! 

Below I have the swatches of the tinted moisturisers, in which you can judge for yourself! Like I said, I double up these like a concealer and still works wonderfully!


I hope you find that post somewhat helpful! And thanks to Vanessa for this request, If you have any other requests feel free to email me, leave a comment on my facebook page (like if you haven't on the side) or even tweet me on twitter! 

Love, J. 

1 comment:

  1. I do think that certain foundations/BB creams and tinted moisturisers can double up as concealer. I guess it depends on your skin and also what you've done beforehand in terms of priming. I haven't ventured very far into the world of concealer, but I am wanting to try out some products. Thanks for the tip about buying concealer one shade lighter, will keep that in mind :)

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments posted but please do not leave advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and will not be published.

Comments are always moderated. Thank you for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...