The Body Shop Elderflower Eye Gel

So it's my first week of Uni down and my second week in. Not to mention me constantly depicting that I am usually one of the few girls in a class/lecture who do my course. *sigh* But so far it's been okay, I'm starting to seem through the routine of Uni and everything is slowly unravelling. I apologise for the little lateness as I've been swamped with Uni as well as work over the weekends. I'll try my best to post as much as I can in between Uni and all!

Anywho, I have something wonderful to share! For my insomniac self, I often get either less than 8 hours or probably more than 9 hours a day - Depending if I have Uni or not. I don't know why but I often get puffy eyes nearly all the time! It's annoying because as you know, my Asian eyes are already small enough... and them being puffy does not help! But anyways...  I do drink enough water but ... I using a cooling eye gel and eye roll on's they seem to help! This eye gel, I've been reaching out for is from The Body Shop. It's has probably my new eye product I've been reaching out for everyday and definitely something I'm in love with at the moment.

I mentioned this in my Mini City Haul a few posts before... and I've been getting around to doing something or somewhat a review...


The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel - $17.95AUD

A moisturising gel that soothes and refreshes the skin around the delicate eye area, reducing the appearance of puffiness, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth. Suitable for everyday use. 

Gently smooth around the eye area using your fingertips. Avoid dragging the skin as this may result in the formation of lines. 

Tip: Store the Unperfumed Elderflower Gel in the fridge for an extra cooling sensation on application.


You can imagine how this would work, just like a moisturiser but instead this being a gel for the eye area. You apply this around your eye and it de-puffs your eyes. I've been using Garnier's Under Eye Roll On for years (ever since it first came out) and it was mediocre but I wanted something that was somewhat better. Most people who I've read reviews off say it's useless but in my opinion it's better than Garnier's Roll On and if you're not sure what I'm talking about... This is what it is. 


The lady at The Body Shop recommended this to me and at first I wasn't so convinced. After trying it in store and seeing an instant result - I was pleased and bought the product! I've noticed after applying this gel it gives this nice cold feeling (and even better feeling and help with de-puffing eyes when you put this in the fridge before using). You can use this under make-up but it tends to get all crumbly and wouldn't be suitable if you're planning to apply this product and slap on eye make-up afterwards - I think eyeliner is okay but if you're planning to wear eyeshadow and etc. Maybe it's best to apply this gel 10-15 minutes prior so the product has seeped in and settled then apply eye make-up. 

While it doesn't do anything for dark circles or wrinkles, it does reduce puffiness and bags and this actually makes the dark circles less obvious. Yet, I wouldn't recommend this if you had dry skin as this may sting. 

The only thing I don't like is the packaging, as opposed to the Garnier Roll On (you can bring with you everywhere with ease) as for this, being in a jar - not so convenient (in the sense that you have you use your finger for application) but I do carry it with me everywhere I go now. 

Hope this review is somewhat helpful, I always tend to struggle when doing reviews because I feel like I haven't provided enough thorough information or even so anything decent! So I apologise if this isn't thorough enough! But overall, you can try this gel in any The Body Shop stores. I happen to purchase this at the QVB Body Shop store before heading to work the other week. 

Be back soon and hopefully with something exciting to share with you!

Love, J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all comments posted but please do not leave advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and will not be published.

Comments are always moderated. Thank you for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...