Welcoming Spring with October Favourites

Apologies for the lack of posts because as usual, I've been hella busy! I've just got signed up for this new promotion at work (and I'm currently on 4 different marketing promotions at the moment) and it's crazy. Juggling Uni and also hours that are probably considered as full time work is no doubt stressing me out.

Anyways! So, I don't really do a monthly favourites post because it's just so hard for me to literally have a favourite every month... unless I was repeating myself.. Anyways, this month has been an exception I'm going to try and do a monthly favourites so if it's successful or so I'll keep posting monthly favourites from now on!

These are the products that I've been reaching lately ever since Spring started. Today I thought I'll do a post about it and also introduce just a few new products (which I've been meaning to review). I'm not going to go into too much detail because I'll be either saving them for a future review or they've already been reviewed.


It's quite a lot of favourites but hey, they had to be included in this post! I love love love each and every product and a few are just ones I've recently picked up as well... (at IMATS) 



First off the MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF 15. Neglected for quite a while and thought I'll put it to use since my Garnier BB Cream (the new one for oily & combination skin) has broken me out with stubborn pimples. I bought this last year from the US and got it shipped to me via my cousin. Best Tinted Moisturiser I've used and it's so gooooood. Highly recommend it. 

MAC Blush in Peaches is something I purchased at IMATS this year, I paid the full AUS RRP which was $40 (I think) and I don't (really) regret paying the AUS price (considering I order my MAC via the US) but this time I didn't want to bother my cousin and trouble her sending items over and also I was in desperate need for a new blush and went away and splurged on this along with Margin which I don't really pick up that often. This blush gives me the nicest flush of colour and perfect for Work, Uni & Outings. (Review Here)

The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent is AMAZING. So cheap and also so good. Doesn't leave a white mask like my old Australis Ready Set Go Translucent Powder and also actually keeps my oily combination skin matte for a good period of time (by all means at least 5-6 hours, but I wear this from 8am - 6pm and barely any sleekness on my face) it's amazing and I highly highly recommend it if you're looking for a cheap translucent powder. (Review Here)


The next item is something I really adore and also something I picked up at IMATS as well. Well, I picked up Shade 100 at IMATS and bought the Shade 45 at Inglot Bondi Junction. These Inglot Sleeks/Sleeks Cream's are amazing. I find that the Sleeks Cream has a slighter better longevity but it's not that drastically noticeable. The Shade 100 is a perfect dusty pink nude colour (An in-depth review will be posted soon! (SO, I don't wanna go into too much detail!) as for the Shade 45 which I purchased for $22 at Inglot. It's an amazing and highly pigmented orangey-coral colour that I've been searching for. Shade 100 which I purchased at IMATS was $15 by the way. Today, I purchased a whole heap of Inglot products so keep your eyes out for that Inglot Haul Post real soon!


Moving onto the other items! I have here are the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara which I've previously reviewed ages ago here. This mascara provides me with lashes that my natural asian lashes don't display naturally... This was a travel size and I'm willing to purchase the full size when it runs out. To be honest it's the best mascara I've ever used and very hard to find. It's almost comparable to Maybelline's One by One but instead it's a much more drier formula. 

Australis Killer Curves Mascara* was a miss for me when I first received it, I didn't really like it that much and didn't see much of a difference. But now since using it and also probably cause of the fact that my lashes grew a tad bit longer (due to applying lash serums for like a month?) my lashes are lengthened and slightly curled up. I love it to bits and I can't wait to repurchase this mascara. I always apply this mascara first before my Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara and both work like a charm! Definitely a good purchase if you would like to get your hands on one, it's under $12 (from what I remember)

Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Black is something I recently got this week, giving that I've had it for a couple of days it's more than enough for me to give my input to this mascara. I won't go in too much depth since I'll save it for a review later but so far, I actually do believe it lives up to it's hype. Let's see how it goes in a couple of weeks and a month later on. So far so good. 

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy Travel Size Perfume, I've recently bought the gift set (with a body lotion, shower gel, travel perfume & 100ml bottle) of this fragrance because I absolutely love it. As much as I adore the Marc Jacobs Eau So Fresh Daisy, Dot and also my Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior. None of them have the longevity like  Midnight Fantasy.

Lately I've been annoyed with having all these expensive perfumes and then not getting a really good run on longevity unlike Midnight Fantasy. Despite the price tag for this (it's like so so cheap now) you don't need to spend so much on fragrances just to smell good! This was such a bargain grabbing the 100ml gift set for $49 at Priceline. It's going to be my everyday scent but it won't be my signature scent.  

Last but not least, Make Up Forever Aqua Lip in 1C this is a nice nude lip pencil which I use nearly everyday (when I remember to lip line or feel like it). It's a great multipurpose nude lipliner for any lipstick you're planning to wear. I'll be writing a review on it real soon as well. 

Hope you enjoyed by 'favourites' this month. This was more of a 'Welcoming' Spring Favourites post. Stay tuned for more 'favourites' posts in the future!

Love, J 

Products marked with '*' were sent by PR for consideration, all other items here were purchased with my own money and I was not reimbursed in anyway. For more details please see my disclosure policy. 

6 comments:

  1. I love midnight fantasy! I was almost squealing when I saw the travel version in your post! Where did you purchase it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Dollywink liquid eyeliner too! I think the pigmentation is really good! ^_^

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried Mac's tinted moisturizer but now I really want to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo i like the look of the sleeks! i love my dolly wink eyeliner but its drying up D:

    http://a-la-foliee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Midnight Fantasy seems to be really popular - I have a friend who usually has quite expensive tastes that loves wearing it. Peaches is such a pretty blush - I was thinking of picking it up in the US, but for whatever reason passed (I think it's because I'd bought a Benefit kit with a small size of Coralista and Cha Cha Tint, so I rationalised to myself I did not need another coral/peach blush). But if I were to have bought one MAC blush, it probably would've been it. I've not heard of the MAC tinted moisturiser, but good to know that it works really well :) I am definitely eyeing the Rimmel powder once the one I'm using currently runs out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! New follower here, please check out my blog! :)

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments posted but please do not leave advertising links in the comments section, as they are considered spam and will not be published.

Comments are always moderated. Thank you for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...